User-generated content (UGC) is by far the most powerful marketing tool at your disposal. It’s authentic, it’s relatable and you’ll see a huge boost in brand engagement if you use it to full effect. Here’s how to do just that with the top 2020 trends for UGC marketing.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of how to use UGC, let’s take a quick look at why you should seriously consider incorporating it into your content marketing strategy and in particular, why user-generated review content is so beneficial to your business.
- UGC is the most powerful way to build authenticity around your brand. The customer’s voice speaks far louder than your own and, when used effectively, can significantly bolster your reputation. This is particularly true of reviews since they are relatable representations of your brand direct from a trusted source.
- UGC is a cost-effective marketing technique. Why spend valuable time and money creating your own content when there’s plenty of happy customers out there willing to create it for you? A simple, automated review collection process can generate huge amounts of content for minimal outlay.
- UGC is known to boost conversion rates. Customers trust other customers. It’s simple as that. So, by using your reviews strategically, you can build your customer base, turning passive browsers into loyal brand advocates.
Tactics for Making the Most of UGC
Here are our top three tips on how to make the most of UGC.
1. Showcase Reviews along side Instagram Content
According to its own data, there are over 1 billion active monthly users on Instagram, and 83% of them are using it to find new products and services. That’s great news for businesses of all shapes and sizes. But this audience has become increasingly savvy when it comes to advertising.
They’re no longer relying on brand-generated content or influencer marketing to inform their purchasing decisions. They’re looking for social proof – genuine, authentic opinions from like-minded people.
So, it makes sense that the best way to build engagement with this vast potential market is to give them user-generated review content. It’s why we launched Social Proof feature. This user-friendly tool allows you to easily combine your reviews with customer photos, brand images and UGC images pulled directly from Instagram.
2. Use A Review Widget as A Brand Asset
Not all of your potential customers will find you through social. Some will land directly on your website and, when they do, they’ll be looking for the same social proof that assures them your brand is worthy of their business. A dynamic review widget that showcases the best of your customer feedback is a valuable brand asset here.
You can easily boost engagement, and conversion rates, by installing our Social Proof widget. This allows you to share the very same social proof content you’ve created for Instagram on the relevant pages of your website, capturing your audience at that all-important moment in the buyer journey.
3. Collect Video Review Content
When it comes to connecting with your audience, there’s perhaps no better medium than video. It’s a well-known fact that video generates more engagement on social media than any other form of content, but it can be time-consuming and costly to produce.
The simple answer? Use video reviews created by your customers. Not only does this allow you to take advantage of the power of video without eating into your marketing budget, it brings reviews (and your brand) to life, increases your online exposure and creates an engaged community that is talking about your product or service.
We’re so convinced by the reach of video reviews, as well as from speaking with our customers that we’re creating simple to use feature that brings even more added value to REVIEWS.io clients.
Collecting user-generated review content is a simple process with REVIEWS.io, and our range of additional features are designed to help you make the most of it by building profitable brand engagement. If you haven’t yet tried us out, why not take advantage of our free trial period or use our live chat function to find out more.